Becoming the best leader, you might possibly be, doesn’t generally occur, either by accident, or without thoroughly developing and enhancing one’s skill – set, in order to possess a quality aptitude, combined with proceeding, consistently, with a positive, can – do, attitude! When one commences, in this manner, he, then, realizes, it’s essential, to perceive, and conceive of, create, develop, and implement, a relevant action plan, which is based on quality, effective, strategic planning. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly, examine, consider, review, and discuss, the need, for comprehensive, strategic planning, which inspires, a true leader, to implement, a relevant, sustainable, effective, action plan. Here are 5 steps, for creating these.
1. Historic/ heritage: Nearly every organization, has some, differentiating aspects, in regards to its history and/ or heritage. Before contemplating what’s needed, it’s essential to possess a thorough understanding, and appreciating for what this group has done, meant, and/ or represented, in the past, and the best way, to proceed forward, respecting and maintaining these, while evolving in a relevant, sustainable manner.
2. Mission, vision, and needed, tweaks: What is the mission of the particular organization, and is it still relevant, to today’s evolving world, and society? Why should potential stakeholders, because interested, involved, committed members, and participants? Is the existing vision, still, a meaningful, relevant one, for society? Fully consider, what should be maintained, as – is, and which things, needed, to be tweaked, in order to maintain its relevance, and proceed, towards, essential sustainability!
3. Current needs/ relevant: How can the heritage and mission of the group, be respected, and maintained, while making the message, more compelling, and relevant? Unless/ until, groups, consistently, on a regular basis, proceed, with strategic planning, and aiming to maintain its relevance, they will become unable, to be sustainable! It makes little sense, to create and develop an action plan, unless it commences, with a strategy, based on reality, and necessities!
4. Sustainable objectives: Thoroughly consider, and evaluate, both, what is, and what should, and can be! How can this particular group, address its mission (even if it must be tweaked, and evolved), without focusing on sustainability? What would you like to see, and what is needed, to create the best, possible, scenario? Ensure your objectives are realistic, relevant, and sustainable, and consider, your options and alternatives, so you might, position yourself, to choose the best available path!
5. Create it/ Do it: Once you’ve done these first, four steps, proactively, proceed, without excuses, or procrastination, to create a strategy, and strategic plan! Then, continue forward, and do, whatever is necessary, to perceive and conceive of, create, develop, and implement, a significant, relevant, forward – looking, sustainable, action plan!
Will you be the rare individual, who will take the time, and make the effort, to proceed forward, to create a meaningful action plan, which focuses on a well – considered, strategy? If you are this type of person, you will have the greatest potential, to serve as a true, relevant leader!